AppStore Lookup for WordPress
About the Plugin
The AppStore Lookup is a WordPress plugin that provides shortcodes for querying Apple’s Lookup API to get app meta data, icons and screenshots for any application and show them in on your blog. Great for app/game developers, bloggers, reviewers, or aficionados.
- Works for apps listed in both the iPhone/iPad AppStore and the Mac AppStore.
- Easy-to-use shortcodes with versatile options.
- Use TimThumb to serve scaled images and cache them on your local server.
- Create and use Linkshare affiliate links using your Linkshare ID.
- It’s free to use, free to edit and free to share.
- asl_name Will display the name of the application.
- asl_icon Will output the icon image. Optional parameters: thumb, w, q
- asl_genre Will display the Primary genre of the application.
- asl_price Displays the formatted price of the application.
- asl_version Displays the latest version number of the application.
- asl_description Outputs the description using nl2br.
- asl_seller Outputs the seller name.
- asl_filesize Displays the filesize in B, KB, MB, GB, or TB (!) depending on the size.
- asl_release_notes Displays the release notes for the current version using nl2br.
- asl_rating Displays the Average User rating. Optionally can display for only the current version using current.
- asl_num_ratings Displays the total number of ratings the app has received in iTunes. Optionally can display for only the current version using current.
- asl_release_date Displays the release date in F j, Y format.
- asl_content_rating Displays the content advisory rating for the app.
- asl_screenshots Displays the application screenshots in an unordered list. Optionally accepts: thumb, w, q, type, first
- id The app id is required for all shortcodes, unless you like error messages. This can be passed by creating a custom post attribute called appId.
- thumb Optional. Overrides the default TimThumb setting. Accepts true/false; 1,0
- w Optional. Overrides the default width setting for screenshots or icon. Accepts a number in pixels. Aspect ratio will be maintained, so height is automatically determined.
- q Optional. Changes the compression settings for TimThumb. Accepts a number between 0 and 100.
- current Optional for rating and num_ratings, overrides the default “current version only”. Accepts true/false; 1,0
- first Optional for screenshots, this will display only the first screenshot in the list. Defaults to all. Accepts an integer.
- img Optional for link, allows you to display the buy link as an image you choose (ie, Available in the AppStore image)
- title Optional for link, allows you to change the buy link text to something other than “Download”
- len Optional for description to allow trimming to the first n number of paragraphs.
Icon[asl_icon id=449193961 w=128]
Rated 4.5 of 5 by 12 users.Rated [asl_rating id=449193961] of 5 by [asl_num_ratings id=437060880] users.